This is so long overdue (and I truly need to find out the time frame for all these awards so that I am not timed out) but better late than never… I hope. 🙈. And I want to say that I come to these so late because I want to answer the questions just right (Emma are you buying this flimsy excuse?). It is always an honour to get these nominations and I don’t take them lightly!!
I was nominated by Blogit With Em for The Original Outstanding Blogger Award! Thank you for this recognition. I love her posts and how she unashamedly incorporates her faith in…all of them? Yeah all of them. She has this talent of telling parables in her short stories (and am sure Jesus is proud!!!) as well as giving us just the right snippets into her life. If you haven’t picked up the message in all that, she’s an awesome storyteller with the right dose of humour!!! Check her out.
1. Provide the link to the creator’s original award post. (very important: see why in step 5)
2. Answer the questions provided.
3. Create 7 unique questions.
4. Nominate 10 bloggers. Ensure that they are aware of their nomination. Neither the awards’s creator, nor the blogger that nominated you, can be nominated.
5. At the end of 2020, every blog that ping-backs the creator’s orignal post will be entered to win the 2020 Outstanding Blogger Award!
This award was created by its creator Colton Beckwith RPC.
And now – drumrolls – the moment you’ve been waiting for🤭. The Q&A
1. What is the biggest fear you have ever had to overcome? The fear of failure. To be honest I’m still working so hard on that one! It’s that sort of paralysing fear that stops me from stepping out into things that might actually be rewarding.
2. What is that one nickname that you absolutely hate? I love LOVE all my nicknames. I think my name is one that is easily adaptable into so many nicknames. And it’s such a brief name so how all those people come up with a different one whenever is amusing and heartwarming.
3. Who was your childhood celebrity obsession and why? I just loved all things Disney…still do actually. So whichever show I was watching, I would get so immersed in their lives, find out everything I could about them and pretend we were BFFs. I liked the fact that they were starting young (sure it has its downside) but it was so encouraging to see people within my age group so confident (I think) and doing what they loved (I think).
4. Which cartoon character in any animation do you relate to the most? Oh this is hard. I love animations so much!!! Like that’s my go-to movie option but I don’t think there’s one that I can say I relate to. So I’ll tell you my favourite animation instead (I hope that’s OK) Disney’s Tarzan.
5. What is the biggest misconception that people have about you ? That since I’m quiet I must be proud. It’s like pride and prejudice all over again and am poor Mr. Darcy. How do people correlate silence with pride though!!! Beats me. But in the movie starring Keira Knightley and Matthew Macfadyen I like how she looks at him and says ‘like with all things, practise’. It creates the right visual impression that I should…as I do…try to flow better in conversation.
6. How would you define love? What a question :). Would a scripture suffice? John 15:13 ‘There is no greater love than this, that a man should lay down his life for his friends’. I think love is best seen in its servitude nature than anything else.
7. What’s your favourite food ? ‘Embooli n’ evuluuga’. Lusoga for sweet potatoes and ground nut paste. I love that!!! Especially the way the source was made at my grandmother’s. But I like rice too, and chicken and sausages and pizza and…
That’s all we had for you folks today on the Award show!!! Tune in next time…
But before you go… Here are my seven questions. (feel free to answer some of these questions in the comment section below).
- What is your favourite music album…now?
- What is one book you would readily recommend to your friends?
- What is your favourite hobby?
- One quote that drives you / your life mantra / slogan
- When was the last time you felt proud of yourself?
- What is your dream travel destination?
- What is your opinion on social media?
Then comes the hard part of any award…the nomination!!!! There are so many awesome bloggers out here (you guys are not buying this cop out, are you?) and it’s so hard to choose one…even when they allow me ten slots. So I’ll make mine an open nomination. I’m probably cheating on this but I’ll get better. I’m getting better.