the bride another award. All dressed in…whys? 🎶
Well, I’ll tell you why!!
I was nominated for this award by Kevin over at Beauty in words. And in true ‘Afterthought’ fashion, I’ve come to it daysss after the fact (but I promise I’m working on it). Kevin is an awesome writer who has taken on blogging with great dedication and originality. It’s always insightful to read her take on things. You can start with her Blog award post and learn more about her.
The Award Rules
- Display the Award Logo.
- Thank the blogger who nominated you and post a link to their blog.
- Answer the seven questions of the one who nominated you.
- Nominate bloggers to receive the award and tag/pingback to their blogs.
- Ask them seven new questions.
And now I spill the tea (can you tell with these little phrases that I’m watching a lot of YouTube 🤭)
- What is the best and worst purchase you’ve ever made? BEST – definitely my two in one 1000 piece puzzle set for a steal of a price. I actually thought I’d keep stocking a new one every year, but I’m yet to see them in store again. WORST – not so sure. But maybe my makeup set (it’s actually great – I think and again, I got it at a very good price, but it’s a year later and I’ve never used it so….)
- Who is the latest amazing author you have discovered? I read a List of Cages by Robin Roe recently and the story has stayed with me. Haven’t found any more of her books but she dealt with the issues in that book beautifully enough for me. I also thought it would be great to look out for some more Kasie West after I read her YA romance By Your Side. Not usually my genre because it’s mostly predictable but I liked that story.
- If you had to change your name, what would your new name be, and why would you choose that name? If I really really had to….nope…no name coming. Something really girly though. I think Elsa is regal (and am not just writing that because of Frozen). Maybe Hermoine – I feel like a Hermoine some days. Toughest question in this bunch.
- What’s your favorite thing about reading? It’s such a fun way to learn a number of things (this is probably where I should fill you in on the things I’ve learnt, 😅 but they all ran out of my head)
- What are somethings that sound like compliments but are actually insults? You are actually bright! Read that with the tone of disbelief and there is the insult.
- What was the last book you purchased? Choo-choo!! I’m on the e-book train too so I hope they count. Recent download is The Farm by Joanne Ramos. I haven’t read it yet but I hope it’s great. It had a nice summary.
- All of the phone numbers have fallen out of your address book,whose number do you look for first and why? For the people I would need immediately, I have their numbers off head. But definitely my parents, mum or dad. They’ve proven that they really are here for me. Consistently.
And now my questions.
- What’s your favourite TV series at the moment?
- What is your idea of a thoughtful gift? That you’d give or like to receive?
- One book you would readily recommend?
- One song that you think is underrated?
- Your favourite superhero?
- What’s your pet’s name? If you don’t have, what would make a perfect pet name?
- If you could have anybody over for dinner, who would you choose and why?
And the nominations for the Real Neat Blog Award are…anyone who reads this and wants to participate (I’m still working on getting better at this). But I think these are some fine questions – if I dare say so myself, so feel free to leave some of your answers in the comments below!!!!
Esteemed guests, we have come to the end of another episode of ‘All about The Afterthought’. The same way we are closing the chapter of July 2020. Did you learn anything new?