🎶Hey! I don’t know about you. But I’m feeling pretty good. Got me another no-mi-nation. You don’t know about it. But I want you to. So I’ll keep writing like I’m prett-ty good. Pretty good! 🎶
Yep. I was nominated for the Blogger Recognition Award by the lovely Geraldine over at Odyssey Buddy. Thank you for seeing something in the ramblings on this blog. Her own blog is an up and coming blog, and she has plenty of places to go! You can read along for the ride over at her blog.
1. Thank the blogger that nominated you and give a link to their site.
2. Do a post to show your award.
3. Give a summary of how your blog started.
4. Give two pieces of advice for any new bloggers.
5. Select at least 15 other bloggers for this award.
6. Let each nominee know you have nominated them and give a link to your post.
The Untamed Afterthought – A brief birthstory.
I had thought of blogging on and off through my days at university, given it a shot once. Then twice. But I think the timing of it was just off. And I was on the fence for a while (once burned, twice shy kind of situation). Not sure if third time round it would be better.
I had the name of the blog running round in my head, The Afterthought. I liked the sound of it. Also I was feeling a lot like an afterthought then. I decided to have a place where I could write about the feeling and the thoughts that built up in my head, encourage people too and have accountability for my writing. You can read more about that here.
My two cents
1. Keep learning. Before I started this blog, I did look up some advice wherever I could find it. Some of it has worked. Some, I figured is just not for me. But that’s OK, for as long as you are open to learning. Learn from what went right and what went wrong, learn from your readers and fellow bloggers. Then don’t just store it all in your head ;), apply it!
2. Be consistent. As much as you can, as long as you can. There will definitely be those phases where life is busier off your blog and you can’t give it the attention you want to. That’s OK too. Use the time you can get. Write as much as you can read. Read as widely as you can. Network (comment and interact with other bloggers and readers) as often as you can. Then you will start to fall into a pattern of your own.
And that’s it for this award! Thank you for reading through. I nominate all those who want to get in on the fun, spread the love round.
Till next time folks!