About me 😌.
If WordPress is counting right, this should be my 100th post. It’s a little unbelievable that I have shown up here about 100 times. It’s true some of those have been reposts (if that’s how WordPress counts) but I thought I could share a little about me.
I have seen this trend going round and thought it would be nice to think up random things about me that may not come out in conversation.
- I wanted to be a teacher, a journalist and an author at different times in my life but in that order. I think I’ve somehow gotten a taste of each of those in different ways.
- I taught Sunday school for about three years. Did that from the age of 10 to 13 then changed churches.
- They brought home a computer, those big chunky things, when I was 6 and I told my sister I was going to write a book. We are all still waiting on it but that declaration greatly shaped my professional aspirations.
- I enjoy reading novels. My first novel (children’s novel at the time) was by Enid Blyton when I was about 8 and I’ve never looked back since.
- In my P.6 I was banned from the school library because I used to read novels during class and the teacher was ‘concerned’ about my grades
- I enjoy home tours and interior design. It’s what I spend time watching on YouTube and Fine Living. I also hunt for those renovation programs on other channels could watch that and never get bored.
- I get to express that love for interior design through the mobile game Homescapes. Have no problem playing that and Candy Crush throughout the night.
- My favourite colour is purple. Can’t say if it was a childish bias because that was my sports team in primary (yes they were named according to colours) but enough years later and it still is.
- If my feet were a reasonable size, I’d have more shoes than I do right now. Maybe it’s good my shoe size is hard to find because I’d be broke.
- My favourite movie is Gladiator. The music👌🏿Lucilla’s dresses 🤩, the plot 🙌🏿 no movie has measured up as yet.
- I bought a makeup kit two years ago and haven’t used it even once. We’ll blame that on the pandemic😏 and not my minimal interest.
- I chew plenty of ice (probably an addiction at this point) but won’t have sweets because I’m ‘saving’ my teeth.
And there you have it, a dozen random facts about me.
This is great for self-reflection so maybe I’ll do this again. But it’s 100 posts already. Ready for the next hundred 💪🏿.
Strange post for Father’s Day, I know but I hope you have or are celebrating all the father figures in your life. Happy Father’s Day.